Liberty (the National Council for Civil Liberties) is registered with the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom. Liberty’s processing and retention of personal information is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998.
As a non-profit civil liberties and human rights organisation Liberty is committed to protecting and promoting individual privacy.
What kind of information do we collect?
The type and amount of information we collect depends on how you use the website.
We collect three types of information:
(1) anonymous data that is automatically collected from all visitors
(2) personal data that visitors voluntarily submit so that we can provide you with a service
(3) financial data that visitors voluntarily submit to order merchandise.
You can access all pages on the site without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. We collect some information when you visit our site but this does not allow us to identify you personally. The information we collect includes the browsers visitors use, what time they visit and which pages are most viewed. This enables us evaluate the site and work to improve it. We do not link any of this anonymous data with any personal data that you may provide to us.
We only collect information from which you can be personally identified (name, address, email etc) when you participate in the following activities:
- ordering merchandise
- subscribing to a campaign email list to receive more information about our campaigning work
Your personal data will be kept by Liberty in a secure environment, and will only be used in relation to your order, or support for a particular campaign action.
We do not disclose your personal data to anyone outside Liberty except:
- where we have your permission (where you sign one of our campaigning petitions we will take this as consent to your support for the campaign being made public);
- to other organisations who provide a service to us or you; or
- where we are required to do so by law
Note about Servers
Liberty reminds visitors that most Internet Service Providers maintain records of all URLs visited by their customers. Visitors should contact their ISP for more information.
Change of Policy
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post a notice of the change on the website.
Content on this site is protected by copyright. The copyright owner is Liberty (The National Council for Civil Liberties).
You may not make alterations or additions to the material on this site, or use it for commercial purposes.